Optiviral Eye Ointment is an antiviral medicine which treats eye infections caused by Herpes simplex virus. It works by preventing the multiplication of the virus on the surface of your eyeball (cornea). This stops the production of new viruses and clears up your eye infection.
Optiviral Eye Ointment is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Wash your hands before and after applying the medicine. Use it as long as your doctor has prescribed and do not stop using the medicine even if you get better.
It may cause a stinging sensation and eye redness immediately following the application. However, these side effects are temporary and usually subside on their own. Inform your doctor if they persist for a longer duration. Do not wear contact lenses while using it.
USES OF OPTIVIRAL EYE OINTMENT
- Treatment of Eye infections by Herpes simplex virus
BENEFITS OF OPTIVIRAL EYE OINTMENT
In Treatment of Eye infections by Herpes simplex virus
SIDE EFFECTS OF OPTIVIRAL EYE OINTMENT
Common side effects of Optiviral
- Eye redness
- Stinging sensation
HOW TO USE OPTIVIRAL EYE OINTMENT
HOW OPTIVIRAL EYE OINTMENT WORKS
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE OPTIVIRAL EYE OINTMENT?
- Optiviral Eye Ointment helps treat eye infections caused by Herpes simplex virus.
- Place it inside the lower eyelid five times a day. Do not apply at nighttime.
- Continue the tretment for at least 3 days after healing is complete.
- It may temporarily cause itching and stinging sensation immediately following application. Inform your doctor if this persists.
- Do not wear contact lenses while using Optiviral Eye Ointment.