Zoladex LA 10.8mg Injection is used for the treatment of prostate cancer in men.
Zoladex LA 10.8mg Injection is given as an injection under the skin by a qualified medical professional. Your doctor will decide what dose is necessary and how often you need to take it. This will depend on what you are being treated for and may change from time to time. You should take it exactly as your doctor has advised. Taking it in the wrong way or taking too much can cause very serious side effects. It may take several weeks or months for you to see or feel the benefits but do not stop taking it unless your doctor tells you to.
Hot flashes are a very common side effect of this medicine. It may also cause injection site reactions such as pain, swelling, and redness. The long-term use of medicine may cause weakened bones and a reduction in bone mineral density. You are advised to take vitamin D and calcium supplements while taking this medicine.
Before taking this medicine, inform your doctor if you have a history of drinking alcohol and diabetes. Many other medicines can affect, or be affected by, this medicine so let your healthcare team know all medications you are using. This medicine is not recommended during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. The use of effective contraception by both males and females during treatment is important to avoid pregnancy.
USES OF ZOLADEX INJECTION
- Prostate cancer
BENEFITS OF ZOLADEX INJECTION
In Prostate cancer
SIDE EFFECTS OF ZOLADEX INJECTION
Common side effects of Zoladex
- Hot flashes
- Bone weakness
- Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness)
HOW TO USE ZOLADEX INJECTION
HOW ZOLADEX INJECTION WORKS
- Zoladex LA 10.8mg Injection is used in the treatment of prostate cancer.
- It is a prefilled syringe that is injected under the skin of the abdomen, every 12 weeks.
- It should not be used in females and children.
- It may cause a reduction in bone mineral density and weakened bones. Your doctor may prescribe other medicines to reduce bone loss.
- Inform your doctor if you start to feel depressed or have disturbing thoughts or feelings during treatment with this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you suffer from high blood pressure or irregular heartbeat.