Zoladex 3.6 Injection is used for the treatment of prostate cancer in men and for breast cancer, endometriosis and uterine fibroids in women. In combination with some other medicine, it is used in the treatment of female infertility.
Zoladex 3.6 Injection is given as an injection under the skin by a qualified medical professional. Your doctor will decide what dose is necessary and how often you need to take it. This will depend on what you are being treated for and may change from time to time. You should take it exactly as your doctor has advised. Taking it in the wrong way or taking too much can cause very serious side effects. It may take several weeks or months for you to see or feel the benefits but do not stop taking it unless your doctor tells you to.
Hot flashes are a very common side effect of this medicine. It can also cause sexual dysfunction, decreased libido, and urinary tract disorders. The long-term use of medicine may cause weakened bones and a reduction in bone mineral density. You are advised to take vitamin D and calcium supplements while taking this medicine. Women might experience vaginal bleeding during the initials days of treatment, which will stop on its own. Consult with your doctor, if this bothers you or does not go away.
Before taking this medicine, inform your doctor if you have a history of drinking alcohol and diabetes. Many other medicines can affect, or be affected by, this medicine so let your healthcare team know all medications you are using. This medicine is not recommended during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. The use of effective contraception by both males and females during treatment is important to avoid pregnancy.
USES OF ZOLADEX INJECTION
- Prostate cancer
- Breast cancer
- Uterine fibroids
- Female infertility
BENEFITS OF ZOLADEX INJECTION
In Prostate cancer
In Breast cancer
In Uterine fibroids
In Female infertility
SIDE EFFECTS OF ZOLADEX INJECTION
Common side effects of Zoladex
- Decreased libido
- Sexual dysfunction
- Urinary tract disorder
HOW TO USE ZOLADEX INJECTION
HOW ZOLADEX INJECTION WORKS
- Zoladex 3.6 Injection is used for the treatment of prostate cancer in men and for breast cancer, endometriosis, and uterine fibroids in women.
- It may also be used along with other medicines to treat infertility in women.
- It is a prefilled syringe that is injected under the skin of the abdomen, every 28 days.
- It may cause a reduction in bone mineral density and weakened bones. Your doctor may prescribe other medicines to reduce bone loss.
- Inform your doctor if you start to feel depressed or have disturbing thoughts or feelings during treatment with this medicine.
- Vaginal bleeding may occur in the first month after starting treatment and usually stops on its own. Inform your doctor if bleeding continues.