Lonitab 5 Tablet belongs to a class of drugs known as vasodilators. It is used in the treatment of hair loss. It slows down the progression of hair loss. This medicine promotes hair growth by increasing the blood flow to hair follicles by widening the blood vessels.
Lonitab 5 Tablet may be taken with or without food. Take it in the exact dose and duration for as long as your doctor has prescribed for maximum benefits. Do not stop taking the medicine until you have finished the complete course. The effects are lost if the medication is stopped.
Some common side effects of this medicine include excessive hair (hypertrichosis), temporary shedding (hair thinning), ankle swelling and fluid retention, low blood pressure and feeling light-headed, increased heart rate, and headache. Consult your doctor if they last for a long time or get worse.
Lonitab 5 Tablet may not be suitable if your hair loss is caused by medicines (as in chemotherapy) or a nutritional deficiency. Inform your doctor if you have high blood pressure or if you are using other creams or lotions to treat scalp conditions. Additionally, consult your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
USES OF LONITAB TABLET
- Treatment of Hair loss
BENEFITS OF LONITAB TABLET
In Treatment of Hair loss
Lonitab 5 Tablet is a medicine used to treat common hereditary hair loss. It can prevent further hair loss and help hair to re-grow. It works by increasing blood flow to the hair follicles on your scalp, which prevents hair cell death and also enhances new hair growth. It is most effective for baldness or thinning at the top of the scalp but less effective at the front or for receding hairline.
Benefits are less likely if you have been bald for many years or have a large area of hair loss. Lonitab 5 Tablet is not suitable for sudden or unexplained hair loss. It is considered a safe medicine. There are separate products for men and women and you should follow your doctor’s instructions carefully while using Lonitab 5 Tablet. Regrowth of hair improves your appearance, boosts your confidence, and enhances your social life. Use it regularly to maintain hair growth and to get the maximum benefits. Consult your doctor if you notice any changes in the hair growth while using Lonitab 5 Tablet.
SIDE EFFECTS OF LONITAB TABLET
Common side effects of Lonitab
- Hypertrichosis (excessive hair growth)
- Ankle swelling
- Increased heart rate
- Hypotension (low blood pressure)
HOW TO USE LONITAB TABLET
HOW LONITAB TABLET WORKS
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE LONITAB TABLET?
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or perform activity require mental focus until you know how Lonitab 5 Tablet affects you.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Lonitab 5 Tablet as it may cause increased dizziness.
- It can cause salt and water build up in your body. Monitor your weight regularly and inform your doctor if you gain weight, as this could indicate that your body is retaining too much fluid.
- It may cause increased body hair growth. This is reversible within one to six months of stopping treatment.
- Do not stop taking Lonitab 5 Tablet suddenly without talking to your doctor.