Janumet 50mg/1000mg Tablet is a combination of two medicines that control high blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes mellitus. This helps prevent serious complications of diabetes such as kidney damage and blindness and may reduce your chances of having a heart attack or stroke.
Janumet 50mg/1000mg Tablet may be prescribed alone or along with other diabetes medications. It works best when used along with a healthy diet and regular exercise. The dose you are given will depend on your condition, blood sugar levels, and what other medicines you are taking. Taking it with meals helps to reduce the chances of developing an upset stomach.
You should take it regularly, at the same time each day, to get the most benefit and you should not stop unless your doctor recommends it. It is important to stay on the diet and exercise program recommended by your doctor while taking this medicine. Your lifestyle plays a big part in controlling diabetes.
The most common side effects of taking Janumet 50mg/1000mg Tablet include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, headache, and sore throat. Low blood sugar level (hypoglycemia) is a possible side effect if you are also taking other diabetes medicines like insulin or sulfonylurea, so you need to know how to recognize and deal with it.
This medicine is not suitable for everyone. Before taking it, you should let your doctor know if you have ever had kidney, liver, or heart disease, problems with your pancreas, or if you drink a lot of alcohol. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should also consult their doctor before taking this medicine. Some other medicines may affect Janumet 50mg/1000mg Tablet so tell your doctor about all the other medicines you are taking to make sure you are safe. You should try to avoid drinking alcohol as it lowers blood glucose. Your doctor will check your kidney function and blood sugar levels before and during treatment.
USES OF JANUMET TABLET
- Treatment of Type 2 diabetes mellitus
BENEFITS OF JANUMET TABLET
In Treatment of Type 2 diabetes mellitus
SIDE EFFECTS OF JANUMET TABLET
Common side effects of Janumet
- Upset stomach
- Nasal congestion (stuffy nose)
- Sore throat
- Respiratory tract infection
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea
HOW TO USE JANUMET TABLET
HOW JANUMET TABLET WORKS
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine as it can control blood sugar better than metformin alone.
- Take it with food to lower your chance of having an upset stomach.
- Take it in addition to regular exercise and healthy diet to lower levels of blood sugar.
- Chances of weight gain and low blood sugar are lesser as compared to other diabetes medicines.
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly while you are taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor about your diabetes treatment if you are due to have surgery under a general anaesthetic.
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any deep or rapid breathing, persistent nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain as Janumet 50mg/1000mg Tablet may cause a rare but serious condition called lactic acidosis, which is an excess of lactic acid in the blood.