CA Atra 10 Softgel Capsule belongs to a group of medicines called retinoids, which are similar to vitamin A. It is used to treat a type of blood problem called acute promyelocytic leukaemia. It works by slowing the growth of certain types of diseased blood cells.
CA Atra 10 Softgel Capsule works by slowing the growth of certain types of diseased blood cells. It should be taken with food, preferably at the same time, each day, to avoid a missed dose. It may take several weeks for your symptoms to improve but keep using it regularly to get the most benefit. If you notice no improvement after a few weeks, see your doctor again. Using more medicine or applying it more often than prescribed will not make it work any faster and may increase side effects.
The most common side effects include headache, fever, dry skin and rash. They are not usually serious and often disappear after getting used to the cream but if they bother you or do not go away, tell your doctor. You may need to apply smaller amounts or use it less often. Serious side effects are rare.
CA Atra 10 Softgel Capsule may make you more sensitive to sunlight so you should limit exposure to the sun if possible. Drink plenty of water and use moisturizer as it may lead to dryness of the mouth, lips, and eyes. It may make your skin more fragile. It is advised, not to have any waxing (hair removal), or laser treatments during treatment. This medicine may lead to birth defects, do consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
USES OF CA ATRA CAPSULE
- Treatment of Acne
- Acute promyelocytic leukaemia
BENEFITS OF CA ATRA CAPSULE
In Treatment of Acne
SIDE EFFECTS OF CA ATRA CAPSULE
Common side effects of CA Atra
- Bone pain
- Visual impairment
- Hair loss
- Increased sweating
- Mucosal inflammation
- Erythema (skin redness)
- Skin irritation
- Dry skin
- Dry lips
- Pale red skin
- Increased sensitivity to light
HOW TO USE CA ATRA CAPSULE
HOW CA ATRA CAPSULE WORKS
- CA Atra 10 Softgel Capsule helps in the treatment of blood cancer.
- Take it with or just after food.
- This medicine is usually taken until there is no sign of cancer (you are in remission) or for a maximum of 90 days.
- Chemotherapy may be started during treatment with this medicine, or immediately after you stop taking it.
- Do not take CA Atra 10 Softgel Capsule if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding as it can cause birth defects in babies.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine and for 1 month after you stop taking it.
- Do not take any kinds of vitamin supplements without talking to your doctor first.
Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor your blood lipid levels, liver function, blood cell count in your blood.
- Do not use CA Atra 10 Softgel Capsule if you are pregnant.
- Inform your doctor if excessive skin dryness or skin sensitivity takes place.